Accurate Home Inspections professionals visually inspect hundreds of items in your house to give you a better understanding of the condition of the home before you agree to buy it. This knowledge will help you make an informed decision during the purchase and provide you with the information you will need to carry out any maintenance or repairs.
We will inspect your home from top to bottom. The home inspection includes:
- Crawl Space or Basement
- Plumbing Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Heating Systems
- Cooling Systems
- Water Heater
- Exterior Walls
- Doors and Windows
- Termite inspections
- Radon Tests
- Septic Inspections
- Water Bacteria Test
- Nitrate water test
- Nitrite water test
Inspection Check List
This is a list of things to check with the owner of the house before the inspection.
- Utilities . Are all the utilities on? Water, gas, electric.
- Pilot Lights: Are all the pilot lights lit? Furnace, water heater, stove, gas fire place.
- Pets. Have the pets in cages or take them out of the house during inspections.
- Access to Important Areas: Ensure that the attic, crawlspace and electrical panels are easily accessible. Clear away any clothes, boxes or storage items from these areas.
- Radon Tests: If you are doing a radon test inform the owners that the doors and windows of the house need to be closed for 12 hours prior to the test and for the duration of the test (A minimum of 48 hours.) except for normal exit and entry through the doors.
- Helpful hints: Check smoke alarm batteries. Make sure the furnace filter is clean. Replace any blown light bulbs. Make sure all outlet and switch covers are installed. These things are simple to resolve and will reduce the “repair items” on the inspection report.
- Please Make Every Attempt To Attend The Inspection. We will show you any defects as we find them and give advice on repairs. We will walk you through maintenance procedures for the house.
- Inspection Time: The average inspection time is 2 ½ hours give or take 30 minutes. If the house is big or in poor condition it may take longer. If the house is smaller and in good condition it may go quicker.
- Payment: Payment at the inspection is preferred. We accept personal checks or cash. If you need to pay at closing that can be arranged.
- Inspection Procedure: We will start the inspection on the exterior of the house followed by the interior. The final step is usually inspecting the crawlspace.
- Do’s and Don’ts: Please walk around the inspection with the inspector and feel free to ask questions as you go. For safety and liability reasons please do not climb on the inspectors ladder onto the roof or into the attic. Please do not enter the crawlspace. Please keep back from the electrical panel when the cover is off. Please do not turn valves or breakers on or off during the inspection.
- Children: If you bring children to the inspection they must be fully supervised by an adult. Preferably a second adult so someone can walk around the inspection with the inspector.